Monday, January 3, 2011

Reflections of 2010


I got reprimanded a little the other night at Candi's birthday party for not keeping up my blog so here I go....

2010 was a amazing year for our family. What a difference a baby makes! On New Year's last year I was sadly awaiting the homecoming of Stellan from the NICU. It was definitely hard to ring in the New Year without holding your new son in your arms.

Once he got home though, we were on a role! Feeding, Diaper changes, and LOTS of screaming (thank you Stellan, I seriously think I have some permanent hearing loss!) But most of all those first few months I felt an overwhelming feeling of LOVE. My mom always told me growing up, that we were the "joy" of her lives. How much she loved us. I believed her but I don't think you can truly understand the capacity of that love till you experience being a parent yourself. And it's true that the love just continues to grow as your little one's grow up!

We took a big risk this year and bought a home without seeing the inside. Sometimes risks have advantages though, and we are so very happy we took a chance. We have been very busy remodeling and decorating. Jason has been such a trooper when it has come time to change lights, fans, remodel the fireplace, paint cabinets...the list goes on and on. Can't believe he has the energy after a full day's work. I am so thankful for him.

Our family has been healthy for the most part this year. With the grandparents getting into their 80s and 90s we are so happy that we can enjoy them and they are still with us to watch us grow!

We are praying for a healthy pregnancy in 2011. We are waiting until after my 30th Birthday to start trying. It's a bitter sweet goal for me. The thought of possibly completing our family is exciting but I am extremely scared and worried about having another terrible pregnancy and premature baby. I am going to have to put it in God's hands and roll with it. Please keep us in your prayers this year and we venture on that journey. We are also looking forward to using the pool this summer! Hoping to see lots of friends and all the new babies joining "the crew" this spring/summer.

Hoping all of us have a happy, prosperous, and healthy 2011. Love to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. well, glad that little push worked and you finally updated!

    first, i want to say how nice it was to catch up with you at candis' birthday party! it had been too long (think it was her bachelorette, no?!). that little heater kept us nice and warm and we were able to have such a nice talk, minus chattering teeth!

    as for baby talk, i do wish you luck in that department! how exciting! i didn't know you were planning on trying?! it is scary having a baby in the nicu (kyan was only there for 9 days, but the first 2 we weren't sure if he was going to live or not) was hard to watch and not be able to stay with him 24/7. thankfully, lola didn't have to visit there at all (although my labor was stopped with her once and we had LOTS of complications, especially towards the end) all is good in the neighborhood!

    cheers to a post and lots more to come in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did have an awesome 2010, so many wonderful blessings! I love being close-by & watching you through them all. Love little Stellan's "toofers" too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Lia. You are a wonderful Mom and daughter! This will be nice for him to look at in the future. Of course he will tell you how outdated it is!!! Love MOM

    ReplyDelete